Saturday, November 19, 2016

Serendipity: Benedict Cumberbatch and Patek Philippe watches

I am a freelance writer by profession. Last week I received a commission to write four articles on "super cars" and "luxury watches."

Yesterday listened to the Cabin Pressure episode, Limerick, for the very first time, and heard Benedict Cumberbatch as Captain Martin Crieff describe his new watch he had purchased in Hong Kong as a Patek Phillipe watch.

I had never heard of a Patek Phillipe watch before - the only luxury watch I'd ever heard of was a Rolex (which Benedict Cumberbatch pronounced Rule-ex rather than Roh-lex.).

So this morning, I started my research on luxury watches for the article, and found an article on a Patek Phillipe watch. (Last week a 1940s-circle Patek Phillipe watch, one of only four in existence,  sold at auction for $17 million!)

You can listen to Cabin Pressure: Limerick and every other episode in the Cabin Pressure series starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Roger Allam, Stephanie Cole and John Fennimore by supporting this site:

No comments:

Post a Comment